Hello my dear crafty friends!
here again and this time I am going to show you how to make your own unique embellishment using a clear stamp you may already have; along with some ETI products
A lot of times we want to add a 3d embellishment and we may only have stamps. I am going to show you that it's possible to make a good heat embossed stamped image and even to make it like a 3d sticker. While it's still a paper embellishment and not something like plastic or metal one. With a few easy steps and a bit of waiting time we can create own own resin embellishments with any clear or rubber stamp we own.
Supply list for casted piece:
Stamp- Inspired by Stamping Water Lily
Cardstock, glitter cardstock: American Crafts
Stickers: Paper House Productions
Step by step instructions:
1. Make a mold with ETI Easy Mold Silicone Putty and a big clear stamp. (For complete step by step instructions check out Monday's post here
). After you take the stamp out it stays a bit dirty (like you have purple stamp), but you can easy clean it with dish soap and warm water.
2. Color the inside of you mold with shimmer pigments. If you ask why I decided to color it before the casting and not after the cast is done- here is the answer. Those pigments are non permanent. If we color over the dry casted piece we need to use some glaze unless we want them to leave pigmented colors all around. With this method of casting over the pigments, the pigments are casted inside the piece and the outer surface is crystal clean.
3. Cast the piece with ETI Easy Cast Clear Epoxy, mixing it according to manufacturer's instructions. (find complete step by step instructions for mxing the resin by clicking here
). Let it dry for at least 24 hours.
4. Trim your casted piece with small sharp scissors (easily done, as this is a thin casted piece and it's still a bit flexible after 24 hours). The photo below shows the casted piece with the beautful pigment colors showing and before it was trimmed.
5. Make your final project with your unique resin casted piece. I made a card where the lily is the focal point for the frogs around and it's all about fairy tales and prince charming things.
Labels: EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy, EasyMold Silicone Putty, Irit Shalom