Personalized Glittered Resin Ornament Part 2

Earlier this week I shared the start of a resin ornament I was making with a mold I made with the Silicone Putty, EasyCast and glitter (you can the find the directions here).  Today I am going to show you how I personalized the ornament with a photo and EasyCast!

I chose a photo and cut it into a shpae that would fit into the mold.  
Then I applied two coats of Ultra-Seal to the fron and back, letting it dry in between coats.

Then I added just a bit of Iridescents Paint to the edges to help it blend into the background of the ornament and let it dry.

 I measure out equal parts of the resin and hardener.
Mixed them together and stirred for 2 minutes.
Then I poured them into another cup and stirred for 1 minute.

I poured some resin into the mold over the glittered piece that was set up.

 I placed the photo into the resin...

I pushed down the photo to secure and remove the air bubbles from under it.

Once it was in place where I wanted it, I used a lighter to remove the air bubbles from the top.
Let this set 24 hours.

 When it was set I removed it from the mold and love how it turned out...
Here is the glitter side...as you can see the mold worked perfectly to get the all of the details!

On the back side the photo is a wonderful way to personalize the ornament...
These would make great gifts and one more way to personalize them even further would be to add the date...that way you could make one every year!

Labels: , , ,