Envirotex Lite And The Dollar Store Butterfly

 Last year I made a necklace that featured a butterfly I glazed with Envirotex Lite.  I found another one on a recent trip to the dollar store and decided to make a second piece.

 The butterfly is made with feathers and appears to be hand painted.  I am so surprised that this only cost $1.
 When I brushed on a glaze of Envirotex Lite resin the paint really popped.  I let this side of the butterfly cure for 24 hours.
 Then I painted on a glaze layer to the back side.  This will make my butterfly much stronger and I neglected to do that the first time I made a resin butterfly.
When the backside was cured I applied a third glaze, just to the front side.  My butterfly is very strong now!


This necklace is a showstopper!
If you want to read more about other items I have glazed with resin check out this post.

Labels: , ,