Mixed Media Canvas with EasyCast®

Today we are happy to have designer Steph Ackerman with an adventurous canvas to share. 

 Have you ever thought of using EasyCast® Clear Casting Epoxy to create a background for your canvas?  Well, that is just what I've done.



Materials:

Project Instructions:

To begin, mix equal parts EasyCast® Clear Casting Epoxy resin and hardener.  Stir for 2 full minutes to properly mix the products.


Then pour into a new container and stir for another minute.


Then I poured the resin randomly over a 4"x4" canvas, using the stir stick to move the resin around.  Allow to dry at least 12 hours before decorating.


To add color I used a baby wipe to "paint "Castin Craft Opaque Pigments in red, yellow and blue across the canvas.  I also used  Castin Craft Transparent Dye in green for a little transparent effect.  I love how the resin picked up the colors and show off it's 3 dimensional effect.


For embellishments, I used a chipboard flower that I also colored with  Castin' Craft Opaque Pigments in yellow and red.  The bird, the nest and leaves were created with Makin's Clay, assorted molds and dies.


Adventurous, was stamped onto a wood tag and all elements were adhered to the canvas with Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue.


What do you think?  Is this something you would try? 

Enjoy.

Steph

Labels: , ,