Re-purposed Wall Art with EnviroTex Lite® Resin

I posted a few weeks ago a piece of art created and then coated in Envirotex Lite®.  Today I am sharing her sister with a few changes!

Materials:
EnviroTex Lite®
Canvas (got this from a store changing decor)
Ann Butler Designs Iridescent Paint
Mono Printed Papers
Tombow Mono Glue
Dreamweaver Stencil Paste (Matte Black)
Acrylic Paint 

Instructions:


Find a piece to up-cycle.


Make a bunch of mono prints using a gelatin plate of your choice.  Tear them into strips.

Starting at the top of the canvas, layer the strips!  I used the Tombow glue to attach all paper strips.

Continue to work down the canvas.  I was going for a sunset look so I layered accordingly.

I flipped the canvas upside down and started applying greens for the landscape.

After the canvas was covered I allowed it to dry.

I then painted a rough tree outline with branches flowing more than stiff.
The texture was added using the stencil paste and a palette knife.

Once dry I did the dry brush of earthy colors over the paste and let dry.  I wanted a little shimmer so I used Iridescents.

THE MAGIC HAPPENS - Enter EnviroTex Lite® Pour On Resin!!!

I mixed the resin in small batches to insure complete mixing for the best result!  Measure out equal amounts of the EnviroTex Lite® resin and hardener.

Mix together and stir for 2 minutes.  Pour into a second cup and stir for 1 minute.

I do this in the garage with a tarp covering anything I don't want resin to get dripped on and leave a permanent spot.  I prop the art on some cups so the art does not stick to the table.

Once dry this is ready to hang in it's new home!  This one goes to Cline Dental in Springfield, MO!
Not yet on the wall but in the room!

Hope you enjoyed the second installment of Wall Art with EviroTex Lite® Resin!

Kristi


Labels: , , , , , , ,