Today we have a multi‐layer home decor project using EnviroTex Lite® Pour On Coating and assorted papers or fabric motifs created by Hillary Stephens.
- EnviroTex Lite®
- Wood plate
- Paper or fabric of choice
- Craft glue (that dries clear)
- Mixing cups
- Stir sticks
- Foam or sponge craft brushes
- Propane torch or lighter
- Gloves and eye protection
- Sand paper (optional)
- Alcohol or Acetone (optional)
- NOTE: If project base is made of wood, stain and then seal the wood with a thin layer of white glue or paint the surface and let dry. The thin layer will seal the air pockets of the wood and prevent air from releasing bubbles in the thick layers of EnviroTex Lite®. If you choose to use EnviroTex Lite® as the thin sealing layer, apply with a sponge brush. Don't use the propane torch on this thin layer of EnviroTex Lite®. DO use the propane torch on subsequent layers to remove bubbles.
- Mount paper or fabric patches to the surface of the table using white glue that dries clear. The paper must be smoothed onto the surface and all air bubbles pressed from beneath the paper. Allow glue to dry. Apply TWO layers of white glue over the top of paper or fabric, allowing each layer to dry thoroughly. Apply glue with the sponge brush. The glue creates a protective layer to prevent EnviroTex Lite® from being absorbed and darkening paper. Allow final layer of glue to dry overnight.
- Apply first of two layers of Envirotex Lite; use recommended coverage amounts found on the instruction page. For instance, one half gallon will cover 16 square feet 1/16th to 1/8th inch thick. Many projects will require two layers, allow 8 hours between layers. The coating may be sanded between layers but it's not necessary. If the surface is sanded, wipe with alcohol or acetone and a clean rag to remove dust particles. If the surface is sanded it must be re‐coated.
TIPS on BLENDING COATING: Always measure equal parts of resin and hardener.
Blend with a wood paint stick for two minutes, mixing vigorously while scraping sides and bottom of the bucket.
Then pour coating into a new, clean mixing cup and blend for another minute. Thorough blending is achieved by the above mixing method only! Discard mixing stick. Pour coating onto project immediately. Use propane torch to remove bubbles from coating. You may need to use propane torch several times during a forty-five minute period following application. Important: read all instructions included in the kit.
Labels: Envirotex Lite, Home Decor