Tic-Tac-Toe Game Board with EnviroTex Lite® Part 1

When I found these 8" x 8" wood frames at Micheal's, I knew that one of them would be perfect for a Tic-Tac-Toe Traveling Game Board.  Today I am going to share how I created the game board with EnviroTex Lite® and Ultra-Seal.  And, next week I will share a couple different ways to create the X's and O's for the game.


Materials:

Project Instructions: 

Paint the inside and outside of the frame.  Let dry.  Begin applying the Ultra-Seal™ generously to the inside of the frame at one corner...

Place one of the paper squares on top of the Ultra-Seal, rub into place with your finger.  Then, generously apply the Ultra-Seal™ to the top side of the paper.  Continue, alternating the papers to create the tic-tac-toe board.  Let dry.  Apply another layer of the Ultra-Seal™.  Let dry.

 Mix together equal amounts of the EnviroTex Lite® hardener and resin into a cup and stir for 2 minutes.  

Pour into a second cup and stir for another minute.  Pour the resin into the frame.  Use a lighter to remove any air bubbles that may rise to the surface.  

 Let dry for 24 hours.

I love how this turned out and would even use it for a piece of ART on my wall...Come back next week to see how to create the X's and O's to complete the game!!




Labels: , ,