Resin Vintage Tile Coasters with EnviroTex Lite®

Last week I create a Resin Trivet for my mom with some scrapbook paper I had in my stash that happened to be of the state of Florida, which is where she lives.  It was a 12" x 12" sheet and I had used an 8" x 8" piece of it....I love making coasters, as they are a functional item so, I decided to make some with tumbled marble tiles and the paper I had leftover.


Materials:
  • EnviroTex Lite®
  • Ultra-Seal™
  • Tumbled Marble Tiles (4)
  • Paper trimmer
  • Mixing cups
  • Stir sticks
  • Craft brush
  • Lighter
  • Cork Sheet
  • Craft Glue
  • Scissors

Project Instructions: 
Gather your supplies.

Trim your paper to 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" squares.  Apply the Ultra-Seal™ to the top of the tile and back side of the paper then, adhere the paper to the tile.  Let dry.  Apply a generous coat of Ultra-Seal™ to the top side of the paper and off the edge onto the tile.  Let dry.  Repeat and let dry overnight.

 Measure out equal amounts of the resin and hardener, stir together for 2 minutes.  Pour into a second cup and stir for another minute.  

Place the tiles an object to lift it off the surface.  Pour the resin onto the surface...

Brush the resin to the edges...

Brush over the edges, this will help to seal the tile.

Use a craft stick to remove excess resin as it drips.  Use a lighter to remove any air bubbles that rise to the surface.  Let dry for 12 hours.  Cut cork sheet into 3" x 3" pieces.  Glue to the bottom of the tiles for a finished look.

These would make a perfect gift!

I love how they turned out, look at that shine from the resin!
Enjoy your tiles!!

Labels: , , ,