Create a Christmas Ornament Mold with Silicone Putty

As you might know by now, one of my favorite things to do is to make my own molds from EasyMold Silicone Putty!  I am always on the lookout for new things to make molds from and I love this one.

Here's how I started:
I got out my Silicon Putty and this plaster Christmas ornament I found at Michael's.

I noticed that the ornament had a slight flaw so I wanted to fix that before making the mold.

I took a file and filed it down the best I could.


I measured out two equal balls of part A and B

I mixed them together

Until I have a uniform color.

I pressed the ornament into the silicone putty.

After 20 minutes, I removed the ornament.

The mold is perfect!
I need to wait 48 hours before pouring resin into the mold...
so check back next week to see how cool the resin ornaments turn out!

Labels: , ,