Casted Resin for Jewelry and more

Hello, my dear crafty friends, Irit Shalom here today!  I am going to share a set of accessories that is totally hand made.  This set includes a necklace, a ring, a pin and a hair  clips and all are made from  bits and pieces and some- a lot- of ETI casted flowers and leaves and a lot of  paints over.


So here is what I did:

First- the resin pieces casted in molds. I used a lot of old molds I own and mixed up 4 oz of Easy Cast Resin- that's 4 oz  of resin and 4 oz of hardener (mixed according to manufacturer's advice) and it made a total of 8 oz that was a lot! of liquid resin to make all different colors  for casting., as you never want to waste even a drop of resin.

 I used ETI TRANSPARENT resin dye in green, amber, red and yellow and added a small drop of the dye into 4 different small plastic glasses where the mixed resin was already added before. Then I casted the molds and let them dry for a few long hours.


Now that's what they look before painting over: nice casted transparent pieces in 4 colors.


I wanted to add more color to them so, I grabbed some old acrylics in fall colors and colored the casted piece over to make them shine. Then I made all my  finished projects. Here you can see the hair clips the ring and the  outfit pin.




And this is the necklace made with a painted chipboard and all big casted pieces glued with hot glue to stay in place. I covered the back side of the chipboard with a thin layer of ETI resin to make it water proof and wearable.





I love how they turned out...
Happy fall and Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!


Labels: , ,