Spooky Resin Treat Dish

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here with a fun spooky treat dish.  It's almost Halloween so why not create a fun project the kids will love.
I painted a wood dish with Earth Safe Finishes Chalk It Up paint in  Pear Compote and Licorice.  I also painted a bat with Licorice and adhered it to the outside of the dish.




While waiting for the paint to dry, I mixed equal amounts of EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy resin and hardener for 2 minutes.


Next, I transferred the mix into a second container and mixed for another minute.


I poured a light layer of EasyCast Clear Casting Expoxy in the bottom of my bowl then added in assorted sized wiggly eyes.  Then I poured another layer on top.

As the resin hardened, I also placed a few beads amongst the eyes. 


Wouldn't this be fun to put your Halloween candy in?  I'm sure the little one's eyes will go wild when they see the bottom of this candy dish!  I love how the eyes appear to be floating in the resin.

Thanks for stopping by today.


Steph 


Labels: , ,