Resin is the Crowning touch for a Card

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today working with Envirotex Jewelry Resin.   I had just created this card focusing on the sentiment from So Suzy Stamps but felt my card needed a little "something".  So off I went to create some resin pieces.


I came across this fun mold of assorted designs.  So I mixed the Jewelry Resin according to the manufacturer's instructions, then added several drops of Amber Transparent Dye to the resin.  I  mixed it until a uniform color was achieved.  Using the mold, I poured the resin into as many designs as possible so as not to waste any of the resin.  Then I put it aside to cure approximately 1-3 days.  (I find the humidity really affects my curing time.)


Once the pieces cured, I easily popped them out of the mold.  I used detail scissors to remove excess resin around my designs.  The crown was the perfect embellishment to finish off my card.  And I was able to create the exact color I wanted.  There are so many Dyes available so creating the perfect color embellishment is easy and fun.


I created a card from brown cardstock and cut pattern paper to fit.
Stamping the sentiment, I matted it with cardstock and added it to the card.
Then I adhered the resin crown to the corner.


What will you create with resin today?  Let me know in the comments...

Thanks for stopping by today.

Labels: , , ,