Queen Bee Resin Brooch

How do you feel about being Queen Bee for a day?  Steph Ackerman here to show you how easy it is to create a fun brooch using products from  Environmental Technology, Inc.


Following the manufacturer's instructions, mix Easy Mold Silicone Putty 
until a uniform color is achieved.   
Roll into a ball and flatten it out, then push the metal crown into the Putty.  
Leave in place for approximately 1 hour. 


Mix Easy Cast Clear Casting Epoxy according to the manufacturer's directions.  
Once ready, pour into the mold.  
Allow the resin to set for approximately 48 hours, then remove. 


I love all the details that came through with the resin, 
but I wanted some color.  
Selecting Ann Butler Designs Sheer Copper and 
Sheer Silver Iridescents from Earth Safe Finishes
I painted them onto my resin crown.


Next, I used Makin's Clay black clay, and created a bumble bee.  
I added some touches of yellow with
Ann Butler Designs Sunshine Iridescent Powder.


To complete my brooch, I adhered the bee to the crown, 
then add a fastener to the back.  
A few beads were added to the ribbon which I tied through the top loop of the crown.


 Thanks for stopping by today!

Labels: , , ,