Happily I continue to discover all that resin has to offer and today I would like to share a resin mixed-media canvas I created with EnviroTex Lite®.
- 3"x 3" x 2" canvas - I wanted to use a thicker canvas for this project
- EnviroTex Lite®
- Castin' Craft Transparent Resin Dye: red, yellow, green
- Spare Parts embellishments
- metal sentiment
- other: mixing cups, stir sticks, disposable gloves
- Mix 10 cc of Envirotex Lite® according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Apply a thin layer of mixed resin to the canvas.
- Into a clean mixing cup, pour some of this resin and add a drop or two of red. Repeat this for each color you will be using.
- Using a stir stick start to drop colors onto the wet resin canvas. This will be like a 'wet on wet' technique.
- Experiment dropping one color into another.
- I put a small amount of red into yellow to create a pretty orange blend. Half the fun is seeing how the resin and dyes will interact with each other.
Leave your canvas to dry in a warm and dust-free spot. The best way to ensure keeping dust off your resin is to place some kind of cover, lid, or bowl over your work while it dries. Everything will harden and all pieces you added will be secure.