Chalky Finish Tray - Resin; the finishing touch

While decorating the guest suite of our new home I wanted to add painted items to make the room pretty.  I found this great tray and knew it would be perfect on the newly painted chalky finish dresser.  It could also double to bring breakfast to our special guests. I knew that resin would be the finishing touch.
Roberta Birnbaum chalky finish resin tray
I painted my tray with chalk paint
You go to all the trouble of painting something and making it beautiful, but often you need to take just one more step to ensure that the piece will be protected.

 Roberta Birnbaum chalky finish resin tray

Roberta Birnbaum chalky finish resin tray

I painted the details using a DecoArt stencil  and a rubber stamp in the shape of a rose.
Roberta Birnbaum chalky finish resin tray

You can see the glossy sheen of the resin. Not only did it make the surface shiny and look like lacquer, but it is protected from damage and spills.  I used EnviroTex LiteĀ®

For more inspiration please visit me at my blog DecorablesArt

Roberta Birnbaum

Labels: , , ,