Bee Happy Resin Card

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here again and it's time to bee happy!!!  The sun is finally shining and the birds and bees are coming out of hibernation.

I've used a flexible mold from my stash to create a variety of resin items.  Using Envirotex Jewelry Resin , I filled several of the molds with the resin, then added 2 drops of Amber Translucent Dye to the remaining resin, quickly mixed it, and filled the rest of the molds.

I particularly love the bee.  You can see all the details!


I painted some Berry Iridescents from Earth Safe Finishes on top of the bee, allowing some of the colored resin to show.  I then added a honeycomb die to cardstock with gesso and placed the bee in the upper corner.



The card was created from black cardstock.  The brick paper  was matted with red cardstock and ribbon was tied around the panel before adhering it to the card.  The bee panel was added on top with foam adhesives for dimension.


Stickers were added to spell "bee happy" between the honeycombs.


I see so many possibilities for using resin elements in my future card making projects.

What will you create today?

Labels: , ,