I just HAD to: the idea of making my own door pulls or knobs got me so excited. This has to be the easiest way to change your hardware. I didn't have any actual 'door knob molds' to use, so I set out to find a very plain door knob and it had to be inexpensive. I struck pay dirt at my favorite thrift store and picked up several at 49¢.
- Mix the modeling clay and cover the surface of the knob.
- Push your buttons into the clay
- Brush Iridescents onto the clay and gently rub them into the clay with the tips of the bristles.
- Brush off the excess powder with a large powder brush.
- Use a wet wipe to clean off any excess powder on the buttons or hardware.
- Set aside to dry and harden.
- To add a glossy finish and seal the entire surface including the buttons, mix a small amount of resin and paint a medium layer with your brush.
Labels: Door Knob, Earth Safe Finishes, EasySculpt, Envirotex Lite, model clay, Resin, Roberta Birnbaum