Easy Resin Door Knob

I just HAD to: the idea of making my own door pulls or knobs got me so excited.  This has to be the easiest way to change your hardware. I didn't have any actual 'door knob molds' to use, so I set out to find a very plain door knob and it had to be inexpensive. I struck pay dirt at my favorite thrift store and picked up several at 49¢.

Supplies:


resin door knob Roberta Birnbaum

resin door knob Roberta Birnbaum
Instructions:
  1. Mix the modeling clay and cover the surface of the knob.
  2. Push your buttons into the clay
  3. Brush Iridescents onto the clay and gently rub them into the clay with the tips of the bristles.
  4. Brush off the excess powder with a large powder brush.
  5. Use a wet wipe to clean off any excess powder on the buttons or hardware.
  6. Set aside to dry and harden.
  7. To add a glossy finish and seal the entire surface including the buttons, mix a small amount of resin and paint a medium layer with your brush. 

resin door knob Roberta Birnbaum

resin door knob Roberta Birnbaum

 For more inspiration please visit my blog DecorablesArt 

Labels: , , , , , ,