Today I am sharing with you a painting I created only with ETI resin, pigments and a tongue depressor! I have been looking forward to this and I am happy to report that I had way more fun than should be legally allowed.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of resin as per manufacturer's instructions in a disposable cup.
- Using the tongue depressor to help guide the flow, start pouring resin onto your canvas. I worked in sections; I poured the sea first and then I worked on the sky. Use the depressor to gently spread the resin along the surface of your canvas.
- Place drops of color right into the resin. Try putting a drop of color inside another drop of color and see what happens!
- Use the depressor to add swirls or movement to your painting.
- Add white opaque pigment to add remarkable texture to the waves.
- Don't over-do it! If you start swirling and blending too much you could have a muddled mess on your hands. *Not that I am speaking from experience, or anything :)
- Place canvas in a warm place, on a flat surface and leave it for 24 hours to cure to the touch. Allow a full week for it to be ready to hang.
For more great ideas and inspiration please visit me at DecorablesArt
Labels: Casting Craft Pigments, Envirotex Jewelry Resin, Roberta Birnbaum