Beaded Resin Jewelry

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today working with some amazing products from ETI.

Jewelry making has always been a little intimidating to me, but I've been working with the wonderful products from ETI and am really enjoying creating assorted resin pieces that can be used as jewelry pieces or as embellishments in other products.

Today, I want to show you what I created using the Easy Cast Clear Casting Epoxy.  


Following the manufacture's directions, I prepared the resin mixture, then mixed in several drops of the Blue Transparent Dye.  Before pouring the resin, be sure to prepare your molds using the Mold Release/Conditioner.  This conditioner really helps the pieces pop out of the molds.  After pouring the resin into the Resin Jewelery Mold, I added some little beads I've had forever and let the resin set.


( Note to self, wait at least an hour before adding beads because they sank to the bottom of the molds way too quickly.)

After letting the resin set for approximately 48 hours, I removed the molded pieces and had my husband drill holes in the top of two pieces that I thought would look nice as necklaces.



Resin definitely is not as intimidating as I thought and I had lots of fun playing with these products.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Steph




Labels: , , , ,