Create a Resin Dragonfly for your own Mold!

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here with an awesome dragonfly embellishment created with ETI products.

I began by creating personal molds using the EasyMold Silicone Putty.  Once the Putty was the right consistency, I pushed the dragonfly into it being sure that even the tiniest of areas were embedded.


I waited approximately 30 minutes for the mold to cure, then removed the dragonfly and got this amazing result.  Look at those awesome details.



I mixed  EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy the required amount of time, mixed in 3 drops of  Yellow Castin'Craft Transparent Dye,  then poured it into the mold.  Waiting approximately 24 hours, I removed the dragonfly.  It easily popped out of the mold. 


Once I removed the dragonfly, I lightly sanded the edges, then used my fingers to add color with Ann Butler's Iridescents in Aquamarine, Limelight, and Orchid.  Using a detail brush, I blended the colors together.



To create the tag, I stamped 2 images with black ink.  Using Ann Butler's Stars Art Screen from Clearsnap, I added color with Amethyst and Aquamarine Iridescents with the Wavy Art Screen.   I added additional color to the tag using Ann Butler's Crafter's Ink in Tangelo and Limelight.
  


 I adhered the dragonfly in the upper portion of the card and as a finisher, I added stickers. 




I wanted to keep my tags safe, so I created a pouch for them.  Then I used Orchid, Limelight and Sheer Copper Iridescents along with Stars Art Screen to create the front panel of my pouch.


Stop by my blog for more details on how I created this pouch.


What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by today.

Labels: , , , , ,