Red, White and Blue Resin Project

Red, white and blue is the colour of several country flags, so this could be a theme for France or the UK as well.
 I have always enjoyed using unusual items for my resin projects.  These big acrylic buttons from John Bead Corp would be an ideal children's craft, but in the hands of a resin crafter, it is a unique bezel!
 I cut some red, blue and white paper hearts to fit into my button cavity.
 I know you will ask...where do I get my interesting paper?
This is my drawer of special papers.  
Many years ago scrapbooking stores used to sell "stack" of cut paper.  I don't know if anyone does this anymore.  I do know that since I store these properly, out of direct sunlight, that this stash will last a lifetime.
 As always, I sealed my paper with a clear drying glue/decoupage medium (you can use mod-podge) several times.  I really focused on the white paper which is more likely to show a resin stain if not sealed properly.
The humidity is very high in my neck of the woods right now.  I allowed the glue to dry overnight before I poured my resin.  You do not want to pour resin over damp or wet paper.
 I usually add some glitter glue to the edges.  It adds some interest and also assists in ensuring my paper edges are sealed.
I poured in Jewelry Resin and this project cured perfectly overnight!
I'll set these in a sunny window to continue curing for another 24 hours before I do anything with them.
 Happy July fourth to all my USA friends!

Labels: , , ,