Canada Day Jewelry Clay Keepsake

 I have a lucky coin/medallion made with Jewelry Clay to carry in my purse now.  I always appreciate these types of keepsakes.
 My project began when I pressed some clay into this cabochon setting.
 My maple leaf rubber stamp was a gift from the rubber stamp manufacturer Pilot Products.  They provided all the delegates at the Craft and Hobby Association Canada Designers Section Retreat in June with a set of Canada themed rubber.  I lightly pressed my stamp into the clay to make sure the maple leaf fit.
 Once I realized my stamp would fit perfectly I opted to press some crystals around the rim of my medallion.
 Then I brushed some Pearl_ex across the surface of my clay.
 This time I inked my stamp and then pressed it into the clay a second time.
 My leaf impression is perfect and it cured exactly as shown.
 I decided to recolour my leaf lines with red metallic wax rub-on.  I just ensured that red went into the entire leaf outline.
Then I removed the excess red wax from the surface with a soft cloth.  My project is perfect to clebrate Canada Day today!

Labels: , , ,