Resin Up-Cycled Plate Project

 Here is my latest up-cycled plate project.
The plate I found in my local antique store and it was only $1.  I think the framed edge is gorgeous and if you held it in your hand you would see that some of the lines are raised.  
The artwork is a digital download. I purchased it from Etsy shop Jleelow.
 After gluing my artwork into the plate I choose to fill in the extra white space with paper flowers.
 I sealed everything with several coats of my decoupage medium.  Now that the weather is changing, I allow glue to dry overnight.  This way I know everything is completely dry before I pour resin over it.
 While the glue was drying I added some glitter glue in a few key spots.
 TIP:  I also keep glitter in a salt shaker so I can shake a little onto my projects.  These bits of glitter always attract light and add sparkle to my finished pieces.
My last step was to simply fill the plate reservoir with resin.  I used Envirotex Lite since this was a very shallow pour.
My plate is now ready to be showcased for another couple of decades.  One more dish out of the landfill.

Labels: , , ,