Unique Resin Embellishments for Cardmaking

 One of the reasons I first became interested in resin was because I was always looking for unique embellishments for my art cards.
 These molds are by Wilton and I found a group of them at Michaels.  They were designed for cake and cupcake decorators...but they are excellent for resin projects too!  The only thing you need to remember is that once you pour resin into a mold you can no longer use it for food projects.
I mixed a batch of Envirotex Lite and added red opaque pigment to it for this mold project.
 To make my card I gathered some gorgeous Japanese paper, a card body, my resin flowers and metallic wax.
 The Envirotex Lite red flowers cured perfectly!
 I made a scroll embellishment as well and arranged them on my card.  
I added some gold metallic wax to highlight the flowers and scroll shape.  This card is ready to mail!

Labels: , , , , ,