I have some blue Mickey resin pieces to show you that I made in a purchased ice cube mold.
In case you did not know, you can't pour resin into all molds.
I have had resin craftastrophies pouring resin into ice cube molds.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it bonds and becomes one big piece of plastic.
Or the poured resin is virtually impossible to peel out of the mold. Soap molds I do not even attempt using anymore and yet I see people pouring resin into plastic trays successfully.
When I use molds I make myself with Easymold silicone putty or Easymold silicone rubber I can guarantee success.
So now I have a new studio law.
When I use any purchased molds I take the time to do a test.
I drip a nice blob of Envirotex Lite on the back side of my mold and let it cure overnight.
If I can peel the cured resin away the next day I know I have a mold I can work in. If I can't peel the resin away, I still have an ice cube mold, since my water will not touch the resin I applied.
I also like to do a test run with the mold itself. In this case I had leftover blue coloured resin which I poured into all the Mickey cavities.
I can see that I had a little air bubble at almost the same spot on all my duplicates.
I can sand this away, but I know the next time I use the mold that I should perhaps run a toothpick along this area of the mold to release any trapped bubbles.
I hope some of these tips help you to have successful resin in molds projects.