Journal Cover With Rubber Stamps and Clay

I go through a new journal about every two months.  I constantly take notes, write reminders and sketch ideas.  Naturally, when I pull out a journal I want the cover to be different.  The traditional black journal is the ideal blank canvas to work on.
This project uses two ETI products.
Our Jewelry Clay which air cures and our Resin Spray which I use to seal my powders and to ensure my colouring is waterproof.
 I made a batch of Jewelry Clay and spread it in a pleasing design on my journal cover.
Then I inked my fabulous rubber stamp and pressed it into the clay.  The rubber stamp is called Moon Collage and was designed by Michelle Ward.

NOTE:  Before I went to the next step I pressed some interesting metal embellishments into my clay.

 Then I gathered my Pearl-Ex powders.  I like to "paint with powder" on my clay.  Once your clay surface has powder on it, it is no longer sticky, so you can't brush a second colour over the same spot.  This is what my journal cover looked like when I was done "painting."  I allowed everything to sit like this overnight. The next morning, I just brushed away the excess powder with a soft brush.
 Here is a closer look at the cover details.
My last step was to seal everything with Resin Spray.  The cover is now shiny and my embellishments look wonderful.
Here is the link to the first journal I created!

Labels: , , , ,