The Ingot Duplicate With EasyMold

This new Jewelry Resin piece I made with a mold made me think of an ingot.  I wish it was cast in real silver though.
(An ingot is a material, usually metal, that is cast into a shape suitable for further processing.)
I cast it from this hand made pendant.  The gentleman who made these original metal pendants did so as a hobby and passed away last year.  A family member passed them on to my friend Nancy and I asked if I could try making a duplicate of this most interesting shape.

EasyCast silicone putty is the fastest and easiest way to make a mold.  It takes 25 minutes to make a mold but you need to let it rest for 24 hours before you pour resin into it.  
(There is a video showing you how to use it on the sidebar of this blog.)

To test my mold I poured in some leftover Jewelry Resin I coloured for another project.
My duplicate is yellow but it did not stay that colour very long.

 I coloured my ingot with metallic wax rub-ons in silver.
A coating of Resin Spray sealed my colour to the resin.

Labels: , , , ,