Pyro Tabletop Covered In Envirotex Lite

 This fabulous piece of wood burning, known as pyrography, is being protected by a layer of Envirotex Lite.
The artwork was created by Brigette Thompson.
"Pyrography or pyrogravure is the art of decorating wood or other materials with burn marks resulting from the controlled application of a heated object such as a poker. It is also known as pokerwork or wood burning.

A large range of tones and shades can be achieved. Varying the type of tip used, the temperature, or the way the iron is applied to the material all create different effects. After the design is burned in, wooden objects are often coloured." - Wikapedia
Brigette owns Powertex Canada.
On Monday I did a post showing her what I can do with her product.
Now this table top is showing me what Brigette can do with my product!
 I asked Brigette about her inspiration for the table top:
"Someone saw my work on another table... a bear and liked it so much she commissioned me to do a deer as a gift for a friend who hunted on the Manitoulin Island. Sometimes a project will "speak to me" and the deer did that. When that happens, the pyro work is easy. When it doesn't, I usually make fancy firewood."
 Isn't the wood just gorgeous too?
 This is a wonderful view of a classic Canadian landscape.
It is so detailed!
Here is a look at the complete table featuring a wood log leg and base.

Labels: , , ,