A Gilded Life Heart and Jewelry Resin

Today's heart shaped bezel is a salute to Valentine's Day.

This year at the Craft and Hobby Show in California, I fell in love with this area in the Spellbinders booth.  This is a new line called “A Gilded Life” which is designed by mother and daughter team Debbie Murray and Shea Fragoso.  Debbie gave me the gorgeous heart bezel to play with and I am very happy to share it with you today.

In January, I set a side a number of Christmas cards I had received.   Part of the post-christmas clean up means going through all my cards and placing some into storage and some into my studio recycling box.
 I cut the part of the card* I loved the most; this cute little couple.  I glued the image into the bezel and was careful to seal the paper several time with my decoupage medium so I would not have a resin stain in any of the light or white ares.
 The addition of rhinestone chain completed my heart.  I then poured Jewelry Resin into the bezel.
 A second layer of resin was used so that I could attach my hand charm and extra crystals.
Hope you have a wonderful day!

*A note from a fellow artist.
I do not sell any of the jewelry I create for this blog.  I only make items for myself.  Note that I cut and used the original card.  I never make colour copies of artwork I do not have permission to use.

Labels: , ,