I have a new mold that allows me to make as many of these fabulous winged horses as I want to!
This horse was not an easy object to create a mold from.
I had to cut off the brooch pin and really set it flat in my mold container.
I used our black pigment to colour my EasyCast resin pour.
Out of the mold, my horse needed a little trim. I also sanded a few areas.
Then I made a happy mistake. I wanted to strengthen the tail with an extra glaze layer of resin. I didn't realize I had dropped some resin on my workspace, which cured under my horse and changed my horse winged area.
This resin dollop makes my horse different from the original so I am quite happy to leave it. A little silver metallic wax highlighted all the detail perfectly.
Labels: Colouring Resin, EasyCast, EasyMold Silicone Rubber, Molds, Pigment, Tips