How To Make A Silicone Rubber Mold - The Right Way

Let's pretend that Mondays mold making disaster was a dream.
If you have a large object, like this wood bangle, the easiest way to make a mold is with Silicone Rubber.
Your object can be placed in an open container like this one.  
I use margarine tubs.  The margarine lid is on....ultimately the lid is the bottom during the mold making stage.  (I cut away the real bottom as you can see in the picture.)
I HOT GLUE MY OBJECT to the bottom of my container so it DOES NOT MOVE after I pour in my liquid rubber.
This is EasyMold Silicone rubber.

 Here is my rubber curing after I poured it into my container.
 24 hours later I take the lid off.  This gives me a chance to now slide out my mold.
Ta Da!  Mold is perfect.  I will now remove the original wood bangle and start pouring resin into this new mold.

Labels: ,