Gather Shells If You Are At The Beach!

For those of you vacationing for July 4rth at the beach this is a little reminder to gather some small shells for your resin projects.  Shells in resin look great...but shells attached with resin clay look even better!

For my pendant I started with a finished shell component that already had drilled holes.  Jewelry Clay and blue Pearl-ex was all I needed for my project now. 

 I placed some Jewelry Clay on the edge of my pendant and then artfully arranged my shells into it.  Even tiny glass beads stuck to the clay perfectly.  Then I brushed Pearl-ex over the whole project   Pearl-ex only clings to the clay, so when my piece was cured I brushed away the excess.
So gather some shells this week if you can.....and pick up some Jewelry Clay in your travels too!

Labels: , ,