Resin Clay As An Adhesive

This is the ring I wear on a day I need a little extra energy.
I used our new Jewelry Clay to attach my rock to the ring bade.
You can see in this picture that I placed some clay on the surface of the ring and then colored it silver by applying some Silver Pearl-Ex powder to the exposed clay.  

My stone is a piece of MOLDAVITE.
Moldavite is an olive-green or dull greenish vitreous substance 
possibly formed by a meteorite impact. It is one kind of tektite.  

Since my stone is extra terrestrial I would not risk using it like this unless I was certain my clay would hold it in place.
Using the clay as an adhesive is yet another great way to incorporate it into my studio work.  These stones are difficult to set if you are not a trained gem-master.  I do not like them wire wrapped, so this is a perfect solution.  Tip, I look for silver rings in antique stores to work on.  You can see this ring has someone's initials...those will soon be covered by my clay and moldavite.

Labels: , , ,