Thursday, February 21, 2013

Jewelry Clay - What Can You Use It For?

 I am starting to showcase some of the fabulous projects I have created with Jewelry Clay.
The clay is also a tool.  
I have been using it to complete projects that would have been difficult to finish in the past.  This shell is a perfect example.  I made it wearable with a simple application of clay to the top.
 I made a small batch of Jewelry Clay and pressed it to the shell top.  I made it thick enough to accept a screw eye.
Here is the screw eye cured in place.  I also pressed some glass beads into the clay to make it even prettier.  This is something I would not have been able to do with a regular glue. 

5 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Tons of ideas floating around re: shells I've collected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... Just, wow... This is amazing. Did you use the shell as a bezel, then poured resin in it and added the flower and bird? That's brilliant! And the glass beads in the clay are so pretty, you are quite talented, I'm curious to see what kind of chain you'll put with it Carmi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trish, yes, I originally worked in the shell and added in resin...and then had no idea how to glue on an attachment...sometimes you just have to wait for a new invention!

      Delete
    2. Wow, well I guess that's true lol it is a very beautiful and unique piece. It's a shame the Caribbean is neglected when it comes to craft stores like Michael's and Hobby Lobby :( I have to order what I can get online from other non-craft stores like Amazon.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on Resin Crafts Blog! For technical questions you can email our customer service at: msanchez@eti-usa.com or via telephone @ 1-800-368-9323.