Your Own Molds in 25 Minutes!

 I wanted to show you the little project I started this week.  
I wanted to make a mold of this small vintage brooch I bought in the Paris antique market in April.  I love the brooch and want to use it in a number of projects...so I would like to have more than one copy.

 I made my mold with ETI's EasyMold Silicone Putty

 I love the putty because it is so simple to use.  
You can make mistakes though.
 I had to make two molds because I did not press my brooch into the mold properly.  You can see that my heart is not as sharp as it could be.  I think I focused a little too much on making sure my mold sides were perfect.
 So I pressed my brooch into a second putty ball and made sure I made good contact.
Now my heart is very detailed!  
I'll show you some of my samples tomorrow!

A little bit about Easy Mold:
Easily create molds for small impression type objects! Odorless, Non Toxic. FDA Compliant, Food Grade.
EasyMold Silicone Putty is ideal for a wide range of impression type mold applications, including Castin’Craft Clear Casting Resin, EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy, wax, baking, chocolates, ice cubes, soap, plaster, air dry clay, concrete and low melt metals! EasyMold is a easy to use, Odor Free, Non-Toxic, FDA compliant – Food Grade, two component silicone putty.

A few earlier great posts that show you more about making your own molds!

Easy Mold
Button Molds
Why you need to wait 24 hours before you use your mold with Envirotex Lite and Jewelry Resin.

Labels: , ,