Envirotex Lite - Lessons in Layering

 I have a special resin filled embellishment to share with you today. 
 This unusual embellishment is from HHH Enterprises.  They sure do have a lot of bezels!  I have a hard time picking when I go to their web site.
 The back of this bezel is not flat, so I suspended it in a cup in order to pour my resin in.  
The first layer of resin I did not photograph.  Sorry.  I poured in about 1/8 of an inch of resin so that my bird image would look like it was suspended on glass and not touching the bottom of the bezel.  I let that cure and then glued in my bird on a flower.  I protected the image with several layers of mod podge and when that was all dry I added another shallow pour of Envirotex Lite.
 When the second layer was cured I used some gel pens to mark some extra lines. 
 The third pour of resin then covered everything right to the brim.  When my resin was gelling...about the 4 hour mark, I carefully placed my metal flowers into the centre.  They are glued in permanently!
I wanted to show you this layering technique to remind you that Envirotex Lite is still a fantastic resin to work with if you can't get access to the Jewelry Resin yet.  It cures crystal clear.  I recycled a small section of a greeting card to make this piece.

Labels: ,