This little bezel should have been thrown away.
Instead, I continue to try and save it.
It began with this sheet of faux rhinestone. I was not 100% sure what it was made of so I decided to do a small test. If it was plastic I knew it would dissolve in resin...but thought I would give it a try anyway.
The sample looked pretty good in the planning stage.
But. And it might just be me.
Resin really didn't look good poured over the plastic.
It did dissolve a good portion of the faux rhinestone shapes and what was left didn't look that interesting. When I add crystals to resin I make sure they are glass.
Some days you just need to experiment though.
So I gathered up some gel pens, made a few dots and markings and did one last glaze of Jewelry Resin over the top and this is what I ended up with.
A sample for my bad sample resin board.
A good sample of resin over glass is here.