A Little More Candy in Resin!

 Here is another fun bauble you can make with resin.  
This heart of resin is permanently showcasing real candy.
 I made it by using this mini cupcake mold.  I poured 1/8 of an inch of resin into the mold and let that cure.  I am not sure if you can see it in the top picture but I coloured the bottom resin orange.  I let that first pour completely cure.
 Then I piled in a bunch of these candy sprinkles and covered them in Envirotex Lite.  Now here is the possibly frustrating part.  All these tiny inclusions trap air....and you get lots of tiny bubbles...not caused by the resin but because the candy was added to this mold dry.  I don't mind this.  I babysit the resin for an hour or two and pop as many air bubbles as I can...but you just never know where air is trapped and when it might start to rise when you have this sort of a pile.
I am very happy with the colourful results!  
To learn more about colouring resin check out these links.

Labels: ,