Faux Stained Glass With Envirotex Lite - Part One

 I had a great idea this week.  It was sparked by a trip to the John Bead Outlet in Toronto.  These small wood hoops were on sale so I picked up a few.  I have already seen many people showcase fabric samples using these hoops as frames but I wanted to use them for something else.
 I have this old book about Vincent Van Gogh.  The book was on sale because the spine cracked.  The paintings inside were printed on both a glossy and a thick tissue paper.
 I cut sections that I liked and applied a thick glaze of Envirotex Lite to the reverse.
 See how the resin is soaking into the paper?  You can see the painting now. 
You might be wondering why I only applied resin to one side of the paper.
1.  If you apply resin to both sides at the same time, the paper may tear when you move it.
2.  The side that is on the bottom could have bubbles ...which you know I don't like...  if air gets trapped when you flip from front to back.  Experience has taught me this.
3.  Don't worry if you have a little over pour as I pointed out here.  This will just cut away nicely with my scissors.  
Tomorrow I'll show you what happens next!

Labels: ,