Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Vintage Resin Finds

 I found this odd triangular shaped piece at an antique market.  I'm not 100% sure but I think it might be a knife rest.
 I really like the artwork.  It wasn't till I took a closer look that I realized the scene was "carved" on the backside.
Here is the reverse.  
I have not carved resin, but this sure does inspire me!


  1. I believe it is a chopstick rest.

  2. Isn't there something you could spray on a 3D scene, pour the resin over and then remove to leave the indentions that you could then paint? Some sort of release chemical or film? These reverse images have been around for a LONG time. You see them a lot in vintage jewelry.


  3. Reverse Intaglio is what it's called.

  4. Looks really cool no matter what it is!

  5. Thanks Moonshadow! I googled Reverse Intaglio and have been very inspired by other artisans!


Thank you so much for leaving a comment on Resin Crafts Blog! For technical questions you can email our customer service at: msanchez@eti-usa.com or via telephone @ 1-800-368-9323.