Mosaic Ideas - Glass Beads and EasyCast

This week I am going to show you some ideas for creating tiny pieces of mosaic art. 
Mosaic: A picture or decorative design made by setting small colored pieces, such as stone or tile, into a surface.
 For the first bezel I used two different square glass beads for my "tiles." 
 The tiles were not perfectly squared.  I knew I could not cut/trim the glass beads, so I found some other smaller square beads in my stash to fill any open spaces.
I poured EasyCast over the entire surface and waited while all the tiny spaces filled up with the resinI could have used Envirotex Lite.  Either product works beautifully in a bezel....but EasyCast de-gasses itself, and I am really enjoying not having to wait around to pop bubbles.  Then I added a little more EasyCast to create the dome effect.  
 After a few hours I popped into the studio to see how this was curing and noticed that one bead had popped up.  Luckily I was able to push it back into the bezel before the whole piece cured.
This was so fast and easy to create!  Wait till you see what I do next!
What are you waiting for?  Get your EasyCast out!

Labels: , ,